- Don’t be a victim – read the UK government guidance on how to avoid visa fraud, tricks and scams.
- Overseas Domestic Worker Information Sheet – please read details
- Settlement application - All customers applying for UK settlement, including Priority Visa applicants, must send their supporting documentation directly to UKVI in Sheffield, UK by post. Prior to sending any documentation to UKVI, applicants should make sure that the courier company they are planning to use will deliver to Post Office (PO) Box addresses in the UK.
- Regulations were laid in Parliament today, Thursday 7 September, which set out a change to the immigration and nationality fees. The main change is the introduction of a new Home Office exchange rate policy for immigration applications.
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment in February the Home Office paused decision-making on some family applications. In particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children.
The Immigration Rules will be changed on 10 August to reflect this ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date.
If you have an enquiry about your application, please contact UK Visas and Immigration.
- Scanning process for supporting documents -All documents submitted by the following UK visa customers are scanned at the Visa Application Centre and sent electronically to UKVI. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Scanning process for settlement supporting documents - A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in all Indian visa application centres has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents.
Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines
UK Government Updates :
Service Updates :