UKVI expands eligibility criteria for the Priority Visa service - UKVI has expanded the eligibility criteria for the Priority Visa Service so that all visitors, including first time visitors and work and study applicants can use it. This paid for service allows applications to be placed at the front of the queue and customers can expect a response within seven working days.
The service is costs LKR 36800 on top of the cost of the visa and can be purchased either online at the same time as paying for a visa or at the Visa Application Centre in Colombo.
To find out more go to www.gov.uk/123ukvisa
- New immigration and nationality fees 2017/18 – Confirmation of new application and service fees announced by UK Visas and Immigration
- Scanning process for supporting documents - A scanning process for supporting documents in Sri Lanka / All Indian visa application centres has been introduced for the following categories: Tier 1,2,4,5 & Family members of European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Scanning process for settlement supporting documents - A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in Sri Lanka / All Indian visa application centres has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- New visit visa application form , Access UK, is now available in Sinhalese – view details
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud
- Applicants applying for a visitor, settlement, or work visa are advised that they must not choose the option of “Tier-4 applicants” in the visa category when booking an appointment to attend a visa application centre (VAC). Booking an appointment under the incorrect category or block booking appointments can lead to delays for other customers and for yourself.
- Kindly note – with effect from Monday 19 May 2014, Sri Lankan residents, applying for a UK visa for a period longer than 6 months would need to be screened and obtain a certificate from an approved clinic to show that they are free from Tuberculosis (TB) before they apply for a UK visa application...read more
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines