- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment in February the Home Office paused decision-making on some family applications. In particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children.
The Immigration Rules will be changed on 10 August to reflect this ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date.
If you have an enquiry about your application, please contact UK Visas and Immigration.
- UKVI introduces Biometric Residence Permits for visa applicants – please read details
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise £200 million a year - please read details
- Requesting for a refund - If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps
- Changes to transit requirements to the UK – please read
- Mandate for applicants booking an appointment to visit the Visa Application Centre (VAC), not falling under the Tier 4 Category - please read guidance note attached
- The UK Immigration Rules for Oman nationals applying for a PBS Tier 4 Student visa, no longer require to attend a video conference interview – for details
- Mandate for interviews of Tier 4 applicants – Student applicants to please read
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- IMPORTANT: From 20 March 2014 we are moving to a new location to Muscat Grand Mall, Tilal Complex, Muscat. For further details click here. The Visa application centre will remain closed on 19 March 2014 to facilitate this move. We regret the inconvenience caused, if any.
- Electronic Visa Waiver: From 1 January 2014, passport holders of Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates will be able to visit the UK for up to 6 months using an electronic visa waiver (EVW). The EVW, which can be created online, offers a free, fast and simple alternative to a visit visa.
To find out more information about the scheme please visit here
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines