- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children. The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.
- From 25 May 2017 – settlement applicants will have the option to make personal arrangements to courier documents to Sheffield or ask VFS to scan and digitalize the documents at no additional charge if the documents are submitted to VFS at the Visa Application Centre. Please note: for applications made before 22 June 2017 at the Visa Application Centre UKVI will additionally retain the original documents until the visa application is finalised by UKVI.From 22 June 2017 – settlement applicants have the option to make personal arrangements to courier documents to Sheffield or ask VFS scan and digitalize the documents for an additional fee. Original documents will be returned to the applicant after scanning.From 22 June 2017 – EEA, PBS Tiers 1, 2, 4 and 5 – including all dependants will be scanned and digitalized at the Visa Application Centre and the original documents will be returned to the applicant after scanning.
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- Dear applicants – This registration is currently available for “Overseas Citizenship applications” only.
Registration for the other categories of applications will follow in due course – we will keep you informed of these updates accordingly. Thank you.
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here.
- Additional Visa Appointment slots opened on 24 April 2015 - please read more
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise £200 million a year - please read details.
- UKVI introduces Biometric Residence Permits for visa applicants - please read details.
- Requesting for a refund - If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps.
- Changes to transit requirements to the UK - please read…
- Family immigration rules - English language - change to the exemption policy - please read on….
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud.
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines