- Regulations were laid in Parliament today, Thursday 7 September, which set out a change to the immigration and nationality fees. The main change is the introduction of a new Home Office exchange rate policy for immigration applications.
- The second ballot for the Youth Mobility Scheme 2017 for Japanese nationals will be opened in July 2017. For more information, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment in February the Home Office paused decision-making on some family applications. In particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children.
The Immigration Rules will be changed on 10 August to reflect this ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date.
If you have an enquiry about your application, please contact UK Visas and Immigration.
- A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the UK Visa Application Centre in Tokyo and Osaka has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Effective from 10 March 2017, a scanning process for supporting documents in the UK Visa Application Centre Tokyo and Osaka has been introduced for all categories except for visitor visas. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Changes to Osaka visa application centre on 1 September 2015 – read details here
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise £200 million a year - please read details
- VFS Visa Application Centre User Pay Services - The cost of certain optional services have been changed effective 6 April 2015. For more details of User Pay Services are available on this website.
- Requesting for a refund - If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps
- Youth Mobility Scheme 2015 for Japanese Nationals - The Youth Mobility Scheme 2015 for Japanese nationals will be opened in January 2015. There will be 1000 places available to Japanese nationals, and if your application is successful you will be able to live, work and study in the UK for up to 2 years. For more information, please visit UK Visas and Immigration website
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud.
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines