Disclaimer and Refund Policy
- PT VFS Indonesia (hereinafter referred to as VFS Global) is an outsource partner of the UK Visas and Immigration in Indonesia. In this capacity, VFS Global receives from Applicants for a UK Visa the required documents and applicable fees for further processing. After the visa applications are assessed by the Decision Making Centre of the UK Visas and Immigration office in Manila, VFS Global handles the return of returnable documents to Applicants, except where the UK Visas and Immigration elects to return such documents directly to an Applicant.
- VFS Global do hereby declare that they have no role whatsoever in the assessment of a visa application, which is the sole prerogative of the Decision Making Centre of the UK Visas and Immigration in Manila. Therefore, VFS Global will not in any manner be liable or responsible for any delay in the processing, rejection or refusal of any visa applications, once the documents have been delivered to the UK Visas and Immigration.
- VFS Global will take every precaution in handling passports and documents submitted by applicants. Due to unforeseen events and circumstances of Force Majeure, Force Majeure means any event or occurrence which is outside control of the Party concerned and which is not attributable to any act or failure to take preventive action by the Party concerned, but shall not include any industrial action occurring within VFS Global or any sub-contractor of VFS Global.
- Where the Applicant avails of the Courier Acceptance Service or Courier Return Service, the Applicant confirms and is aware that the courier acceptance and delivery services have been operated by the third party and VFS Global do not assure any responsibility or liability for any deficiency in service on part of the Courier Company in case a passport or other documents are lost or damaged in transit.
- VFS Global shall not be responsible or liable for any consequential loss or damage that may be caused to the Applicant due to loss of passport and related documents. It is expressly understood that when the Applicant or representative of the Applicant submits the passport and related documents along with the applicable visa fees, the Applicant has understood the terms and conditions and details as mentioned herein. The fees once paid by the Applicant are not refundable under any circumstances.
- All visa fees must be paid online.
- Advertising material may accompany returnable documents back to the Applicant. If the Applicant does not wish to receive any advertising material along with passport and related documents, the Applicant must intimate to VFS Global in advance. Please note that no advertising material sent back with the passport and related documents has the endorsement of the British Government.
- No employee of VFS Global has any right or authority to change, amend, and amplify the contents mentioned herein.
- Dispute of any nature whatsoever, the jurisdiction will be in Jakarta.
- VFS Global has placed links on this website to other websites which you may wish to visit. VFS Global does not review such websites and has no control over their content. Therefore VFS Global does not accept any liability if you visit those websites. Once you link to another site, you are also subject to the terms and conditions of that site.
SMS Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions.
- The Short Messaging Service ('SMS') provided to visa applicants is to update the current status to the applicant with regards to the visa application process. The information provided by SMS is based on the information provided by the UK Visas and Immigration at the UK Government office for Visas and Immigration. While VFS Global ensures that information is made available to the visa applicant promptly and accurately, the visa applicant shall at all times be responsible for providing and maintaining an SMS text compatible mobile phone number where VFS Global can send text messages regarding the status of the visa application to the visa applicant. The visa applicant is responsible for ensuring connection to a mobile network capable of receiving the SMS services. The visa applicant understands that if the visa applicant’s mobile phone is switched off, disconnected for any reasons or is out of coverage for a period of 24 hours or more, The visa applicant's mobile network provider may delete any SMS messages to be received by the visa applicant
- The time to deliver the SMS is dependent on several factors, such as the traffic on the mobile network, whether the visa applicant’s mobile phone is within reach, switched on and cannot therefore be guaranteed by VFS Global. VFS Global is not a mobile network operator and does not guarantee the delivery of SMS text messages.
- The visa applicant confirms that the visa applicant has provided the accurate mobile number for receiving SMS and that the visa applicant is the owner or its legitimate user, or that the visa applicant has the consent of the owner or legitimate user, of the mobile phone for using the services. The visa applicant acknowledges that using another person's mobile phone or providing an inaccurate mobile phone number or unauthorized use of a mobile phone number for receiving the SMS, may entail disclosure of visa applicant's confidential information, which disclosure shall be at the sole risk of the visa applicant.
- The Services, once purchased, will be available to the visa applicant from the time of application until complete processing of the application or such other period as VFS Global may advise via our website, VFS Global reserves the right to withdraw this service at any time and without notice.
- The visa applicant must not use (or permit any third party to use) the SMS service to send any message or communication which is Spam, illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or infringes the rights of third parties. VFS Global reserves the right to withdraw the SMS service to such visa applicant if the visa applicant is in breach of this paragraph 5. VFS Global may also withdraw the services if VFS Global in its sole discretion apprehends that the SMS service is being used for such purposes.
- For operational reasons VFS Global may vary the technical specification of the services with or without notice. In the event of any change to the service these Terms and Conditions is to be treated as varied accordingly.
- The visa applicant acknowledges that the SMS services may, at any time, be adversely affected by problems with the visa applicant’s mobile phone network, force majeure events including, without limitation, interference to the network coverage. VFS Global is not responsible or liable to the visa applicant for any loss, damage or expenses incurred directly or indirectly by the visa applicant as a result of any difficulties experienced by the visa applicant's mobile phone service provider. Subject to the constraints described within this paragraph 7, VFS Global shall carry out the services with reasonable care and skill
- The SMS service delivers the visa application status based on the information received by VFS Global from UK Visas and Immigration at the UK Government Office for Visas and Immigration in Manila, Phillipine.
- To use the services, the visa applicant should refer to the instructions available on the VFS Global website. The visa applicant agrees to comply with all instructions we may give concerning the services, including any security instructions. We will be entitled to treat any failure by visa applicant themselves to comply with these instructions as a breach of these Terms and Conditions, which will entitle us to deny visa applicant access to the services.
- The visa applicant is responsible for paying charges for the message origination. Charges once paid for SMS service will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The visa applicant shall at its sole risk be responsible for taking all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized persons gaining access to the services.
- While VFS Global takes every precaution transmission of information to transmit information. VFS Global shall not be responsible or liable for any unforeseen events and circumstances beyond the reasonable control of VFS Global.
- VFS Global may in its sole discretion temporarily suspend the provision of the services if such provision could materially affect the quality of any telecommunications service, including the services, provided by VFS Global.
- VFS Global specifically excludes all liability of any kind (including negligence) in respect of any third party information or other material made available on, or which can be accessed using SMS text services.
- This Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of Indonesia and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Data Protection Notice
Collection of data
- The privacy and protection of personal data is very important to VFS Global, including all its other brands and affiliates (hereinafter ''). VFS Global complies with any mandatory data protection legislation when collecting and processing personal data. Whenever you are in the process of applying for SMS service through a visa application centre we may collect and store (subject to the UK Visas and Immigration guidelines), as the case may be, the following information: your full name, your mobile number and email-id, your language preference of SMS, and the country for which you have applied for a visa for the purposes of processing your visa application.
Disclosure to third parties
- In accordance with all mandatory data protection legislation your data may be disclosed to third parties processing data on behalf of VFS Global In this context your data may also be transferred abroad. Your data may be disclosed within VFS Global to others than the collecting entity. Data may be used by these other VFS Global entities, to the same extent as the collecting VFS Global entity is entitled to use it. Your data is treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties, save for the purpose of VFS Global fulfilling its contractual obligations vis-à-vis you, or if required under mandatory law, particularly if requested by the competent authorities or for the purpose of enforcing VFS Global's rights.
Use of data
- Collected data will be processed in good faith and will be used in order to transmit your visa application status via SMS and email. We do not intend to use your information for any other purpose, except that if you have given consent, we may use your information for the purposes of sending you related marketing information (such as airline advertisements), which is normally included by us when we return your passport to you and/or sent to you by email if you have given us an email address. Your information is held by us in the computer server(s) located in UK, London and India, Mumbai. It will also be accessed and held by our affiliates currently based in India.
- Your visa application fee will be refunded only if the application is withdrawn in writing within 3 months and 7 days of the original date of application and prior to the submission of biometric data; or if any application processing has taken place, if the submission of biometric data is not required in your case.
Requesting A Refund
To request a refund you must:
- sign into your Visa4UK account using your email address and password;
- select the option ‘View Payment’ for your application;
- scroll down to ‘7. Request Refund’ and select the option ‘Request Refund’;
- explain your reason(s) for requesting a refund in the area provided and then select the option ‘Apply for Refund’.
That’s it! Your request will be sent to UK Visas Immigration. UKVI aim to process your refund request within 10 working days. The fund should appear in your account 3-10 days after your refund has been processed.
We know that criminals have posed as VFS Global representatives in order to steal personal information or money from people. If you receive a job offer by email or phone which requires payment, or promises a work visa in exchange for money, this is a scam. VFS Global is not a recruitment agency and does not offer recruitment services.
VFS Global is a visa processing company and we work only with government and diplomatic missions.
If you receive an offer asking for money that claims to be from VFS Global, do not respond or send money.
How criminals may contact you
You should be suspicious if:
- the email you receive is from a free email service such as Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo, or from a fake email address. We will only contact you using an official VFS Global email address
- you are asked to disclose private or confidential information
- you are asked to be interviewed over the phone or via an instant messenger
- you are asked to pay fees or money as soon as possible
- you are requested to complete fake recruitment documents, such as an application or employment visa forms (the VFS Global name and logo could be forged or fabricated and featured on the documentation without authority)
These actions are intended to defraud or obtain personal information from their victims.
What to do if you suspect you have been targeted
If you receive a request, either in writing or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe could be fraudulent or suspicious, do not respond. You can also check the request with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Victim of fraud
If you believe you are a victim of fraud you can report the incident to your local police office or email email@example.com
VFS Global takes such matters seriously and reserves its right to contact law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute illegal or criminal activities.
Under no circumstances will VFS Global be liable or responsible for any loss, damages, expenses or inconvenience resulting from unauthorised activities.