- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment in February the Home Office paused decision-making on some family applications. In particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children.
The Immigration Rules will be changed on 10 August to reflect this ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date.
If you have an enquiry about your application, please contact UK Visas and Immigration.
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise GBP 200 million a year - please read details
- Requesting for a refund - If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps
- Changes to transit requirements to the UK – please read
- The UK Immigration Rules for UAE nationals applying for a PBS Tier 4 Student visa, no longer require to attend a video conference interview – for details
- Mandate for interviews of Tier 4 applicants – Student applicants to please read
- July 2014: From 7 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud.
- From 1 April 2014 the visa application centre in Dubai is moving to a new location to WAFI Mall, Level 3, Dubai. For further details click here. To facilitate this move the Visa application centre will remain closed on 31 March 2014. We regret the inconvenience caused, if any.
- From 1 January 2014, passport holders of Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates will be able to visit the UK for up to 6 months using an electronic visa waiver (EVW). The EVW, which can be created online, offers a free, fast and simple alternative to a visit visa. To find out more information about the scheme please click here.
Applicants applying for a visitor, settlement, or work visa are advised that they must not choose the option of “Tier-4 applicants” in the visa category when booking an appointment to attend a visa application centre (VAC). Booking an appointment under the incorrect category or block booking appointments can lead to delays for other customers and for yourself.
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines