- UKVI changes minimum age with immediate effect - Now, children less than 18 years of age who arrive at the visa application centre to apply for a visa need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. This cannot be a member of the VFS Global staff.
- Notice for Tier5 YMS applicants in 2016: Korean nationals who are eligible for Tier5 YMS with Certificate of Sponsorship from MOFAT are strongly recommended to submit their visa application before July. July to September is the high season for issuance of visas to the UK hence it might be difficult to obtain an appointment for submission during that period.
- UKVI improves process for paying the health surcharge – read details here
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise £200 million a year - please read details
- New UKVI immigration fees including priority visa service fees are effective for all visa applications made from 6 April 2015 for entry to the UK mainland. Please read details
- Requesting for a refund - If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps
- Holiday closure notification: The Visa Application Centre in South Korea will close for Christmas and New Year – please read details here
- Changes to transit requirements to the UK – please read
- From 4 August 2014, opening hours of the UK visa application centre will be extended until 14:30. Customers will now have more appointment time slots to choose plus passport collection will be available up to 14:30. UK Visas & Immigration and VFS Global aim to continue improving customer service as part of our ongoing commitment to customers.
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Important Information while booking an appointment - Applicants applying for a visitor, settlement, or work visa are advised that they must not choose the option of “Tier-4 applicants” in the visa category when booking an appointment to attend a visa application centre (VAC). Booking an appointment under the incorrect category or block booking appointments can lead to delays to other customers and for yourself.
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines