- Regulations were laid in Parliament today, Thursday 7 September, which set out a change to the immigration and nationality fees. The main change is the introduction of a new Home Office exchange rate policy for immigration applications.
- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment in February the Home Office paused decision-making on some family applications. In particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children.
The Immigration Rules will be changed on 10 August to reflect this ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date.
If you have an enquiry about your application, please contact UK Visas and Immigration.
- A scanning process for supporting documents in Port Moresby Visa Application Centre has been introduced for all the visa categories. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the Port Moresby Visa Application Centre has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- Requesting for a refund – If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps.
- Change to payment process for User Pay visa application centre – read important details here...
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Service fee for mobile visa application service to pay in advance: The fee paid for the mobile visa application service is in addition to the visa application fee. The service fee for the mobile visa application service must be paid online on the VFS Global website immediately following the appointment being booked on the UK government website for visas and immigration. To make a payment online, please click here
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud.
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines