- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children. The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.
- Important information for Overseas Territories applications – Customers who wish to travel from the Caribbean to certain British Overseas Territories
- Changes to Settlement Applications from 2 September 2014: for details
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. Please click
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here
- Requesting for a refund – If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps
- Mandate for interviews of Tier 4 applicants – Student applicants to please read
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- If you have a general enquiry about UK Visas and Immigration's application process, you can contact UKVI through phone, email or Web Chat at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud
- Applicants applying for a visitor, settlement, or work visa are advised that they must not choose the option of “Tier-4 applicants” in the visa category when booking an appointment to attend a visa application centre (VAC). Booking an appointment under the incorrect category or block booking appointments can lead to delays for other customers and for yourself.
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines