Book an appointment
Visit the UK government's visas and immigration website to find out which visa you would need. From this website you will be able to complete your online visa application form, pay the relevant visa application fee and book your appointment to submit your application at our visa application centre.
With effect from Monday 5 March 2012 all UK visa applicants need to complete the visa application form online. Manually completed applications will no longer be accepted at the same time, you are also required to make an online appointment to attend a visa application centre to submit your application. Applicant must arrive in person to submit the application.
Please print a hard copy of your visa application form on good quality paper, along with a valid passport or travel document with at least 1 page that is blank on both sides and bring this, together with all supporting documentation, to your appointment at the visa application centre. Please note that once you have completed your application form online, only small manual amendments to this form will be accepted for submission at the visa application centre.
You will not be able to submit further documents once your application has been submitted at the visa application centre. The documents that you submitted at the time you made your application will be the only documents that are considered. You should ensure that your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration (for example, henna), cuts, abrasions or other markings as these may affect your ability to provide acceptable finger scans.
To apply for a UK visa and book an appointment online please go to - click here
Tier 4 applicant interviews
If you are applying for a Tier 4 student visa, you may be required to sit a short interview when you attend the visa application centre to submit your application and biometric information. The interview will focus on your reasons for coming to the UK and is known as a credibility interview. An entry clearance officer will consider this interview alongside your visa application and supporting documents. You may be called for a further interview if the visa officer needs more information.
Important: Before booking a visa application centre (VAC) appointment on gov.uk you will be asked to confirm the type of appointment you want. If you are applying for a visa type other than Tier 4, you should not choose the ‘Tier 4 applicants’ option. Please note Tier 4 dependents and Tier 4 (Child) should not choose Tier 4 applicants.
Before booking a visa application centre (VAC) appointment on gov.uk , you will be asked to confirm the type of appointment you want. Please note that when you are applying for a Tier 4 Student visa, you are required to book the appointment as follows:
- Select appointment location
- Select appointment type which should be ‘PBS Tier 4 Student’.
Please note: if you are applying under Tier 4 you should only pick up the Tier 4 student option and not the Standard appointment.
- Select appointment Date and Time.
If you book an appointment in the wrong category, the VAC will not be able to accept your application, when you reach the VAC to submit your application and biometric information, as per the Tier 4 appointment.
General information for all appointments
Please print the email confirming the details of your appointment, and bring this with you to the visa application centre you have chosen to attend.
You should reach the visa application centre 5 minutes before your appointment time.
The appointment must be made in your name. Another person cannot attend your scheduled appointment.
When you attend the visa application centre, you will need to provide your biometric information, which includes a photograph and a digital scan of your fingerprints. If you have temporary injuries on your fingers, please wait until the injuries heal before your appointment date. You should also remove any henna on your fingertips, or allow it to fade, as this may prevent us from getting a clear scan.
Every applicant who is submitting a visa application must attend the visa application centre in person. Children under 5 years need to attend, but are not required to provide their biometric data. Children under 18 years need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of VFS Global staff.
Super priority visa
Applicants who are opting for super priority visa service will be required to pay the fee INR 82,710 at the visa application centre in addition to the visa application fee payable online. If the fee is not paid in full at the time you submit your application at the visa application centre you will not be permitted to proceed with your application.
Important: This service is available to the following applicants -
- All visitor visa applicants (excluding overseas domestic workers).
- Tier 2 General and Intra Company Transfer applications as well as Tier 2 dependants applying at the same time as the main applicant or any time after providing the main applicant already has a valid visa;
- Tier 5 Sportspeople and Entertainers as well as Tier 5 dependants applying at the same time as the main applicant or any time after providing the main applicant already has a valid visa.
Applicants may take appointment under priority visa service. The UK Visas & Immigration will expedite the processing of your visa application and return of your documents.
Eligibility - Customers may request this service if they are
- All visitor visa applicants ( excluding overseas domestic workers)
- All Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5 applicants.
- Short term study applicants.
Settlement Priority Visa:
- Settlement visa applications and their dependent applications submitted at New Delhi and Chennai.
- Settlement dependents can also apply for this service at the same time and will be required to pay an additional Settlement Priority Visa Service fee. The fee for this service is £ 450 per customer, in addition to the visa fee. With this service, the settlement application moves to the front of the queue.
- Priority Visa Service is not available for customers applying for EEA family permits, or visas for Overseas Territories and Dependencies (including the Channel Islands).
- Priority Service cannot be availed after the submission of the application.
To utilize this service please be aware that you will be required to pay £150 (local currency equivalent to latest consular rate of exchange) in addition to the standard visa fee