- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children. The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.
- A scanning process for supporting documents in the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth Visa Application Centres has been introduced for all the visa categories. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth Visa Application Centres has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. OCBE applicants applying from Adelaide or Hobart locations to select the nearest Visa Application Centre while registering with us online. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here.
- Introduction of Biometric Residence Permits in Australia – details here
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise £200 million a year - please read details.
- Requesting for a refund – If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps.
- Online Payment Issues for applicants from Perth and Canberra – read more information here...
- Change to payment process for User Pay visa application centre – read important details here...
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines