- UKVI changes minimum age with immediate effect - Now, children less than 18 years of age who arrive at the visa application centre to apply for a visa need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. This cannot be a member of the VFS Global staff.
- Home Office extends Immigration Health Surcharge to Australia and New Zealand Please read this document carefully before you apply
The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) will be extended to Australian and New Zealand nationals.
From 6 April 2016, Australians and New Zealanders who are planning to spend more than six months in the UK, or who are applying from within the UK to extend their stay, will be required to pay a £200 per annum surcharge as part of their application (or £150 per annum for applications made under Tier 4 Student and the Youth Mobility Scheme).
As an example, this means that there will be an IHS fee of £300 on a Youth Mobility Scheme visa as it is a two year visa. Or, if you apply for a Tier 2 General work visa with a validity period of 3 years, the health surcharge fee will be £600.
Any applications made after the 6th April 2016 will be subject to this charge. For further details on the announcement please go to: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/immigration-health-surcharge-extends-to-australia-and-new-zealand
- UKVI improves process for paying the health surcharge – read details here.
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. OCBE applicants applying from Adelaide or Hobart locations to select the nearest Visa Application Centre while registering with us online. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here.
- Introduction of Biometric Residence Permits in Australia – details here
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise £200 million a year - please read details.
- Requesting for a refund – If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps.
- Online Payment Issues for applicants from Perth and Canberra – read more information here...
- Change to payment process for User Pay visa application centre – read important details here...
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Important Information - Applicants applying for a visitor, settlement, or work visa are advised that they must not choose the option of “Tier-4 applicants” in the visa category when booking an appointment to attend a visa application centre (VAC). Booking an appointment under the incorrect category or block booking appointments can lead to delays for other customers and for yourself.
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines