- Overseas Domestic Worker Information Sheet – please read details
- Our Visa Application Centre in Melbourne is moving back to its permanent location from 11th December 2017 for application submission and / or collection of passport. Address: Suite 3, Level 13, 55 Swanston Street, Melbourne 3000.
- Settlement application - All customers applying for UK settlement, including Priority Visa applicants, must send their supporting documentation directly to UKVI in Sheffield, UK by post. Prior to sending any documentation to UKVI, applicants should make sure that the courier company they are planning to use will deliver to Post Office (PO) Box addresses in the UK.
- Our Visa Application Centre in Melbourne is closed on 12 September 2017 for application submission and / or collection of passport due to a temporary outage at the existing location. Please click here for more information.
- Regulations were laid in Parliament today, Thursday 7 September, which set out a change to the immigration and nationality fees. The main change is the introduction of a new Home Office exchange rate policy for immigration applications.
- From 1 June how you contact UKVI is changing. Further details can be found here
NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY APPLICATIONS
Following a Supreme Court judgment in February the Home Office paused decision-making on some family applications. In particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British citizens sponsoring a non-EEA partner and non-EEA children.
The Immigration Rules will be changed on 10 August to reflect this ruling. Applications which were paused will be considered from that date.
If you have an enquiry about your application, please contact UK Visas and Immigration.
- A scanning process for supporting documents in the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth Visa Application Centres has been introduced for all the visa categories except Settlement. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
- Important information for Overseas British Citizenship application – Customers who have applied for British citizenship must register on the VFS website in order to book an appointment to enrol their Biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. OCBE applicants applying from Adelaide or Hobart locations to select the nearest Visa Application Centre while registering with us online. Please click here to register and book an appointment
- UKVI makes changes to Secure English Language Test Providers – details here.
- Introduction of Biometric Residence Permits in Australia – details here
- UKVI news story - Migrant 'health surcharge' to raise £200 million a year - please read details.
- Requesting for a refund – If you are eligible and requesting for a refund from UKVI or VFS Global... please carefully follow these simple steps.
- Online Payment Issues for applicants from Perth and Canberra – read more information here...
- Change to payment process for User Pay visa application centre – read important details here...
- July 2014: From 07 July 2014, parents will need to book an appointment at the visa application centre for any children under the age of 5 when applying for a UK visa.
This is to allow a photo to be taken of the child’s face.
- Read the UK government’s advice on avoiding visa fraud
- Fraudulent job offers – be aware of criminals claiming to be VFS Global agents and follow our guidelines